We love when you, our dealers, sign up new accounts! Now that everyone has a pretty good handle on how to place accounts in service, it’s important for everyone to know which fields are mandatory to be completed before bringing the accounts active as well as which fields will trigger a warning that information is missing.
- Address Field – and if you’re not certain how to access it, please check our prior post.
- Region – this area will auto-default to “Test” but the ideal would actually be to update this with the state the customer lives in. This will help during inclement weather/disaster situations.
- Time Zone – this area also defaults, but it defaults to the Time Zone where the alarm company headquarters are located. Soooo….if you have accounts in multiple time zones/multiple states, you’ll want to make sure to update this section. It will help us and your customers when items need to be placed on test or when dispositions are requested because the Time Zones will already be set correctly.
- When phone numbers are added without area codes. (On a side note, it is not required to place the one in front of the area. The auto-dialer will take care of that for you. Only prefix is needed.)
- When no authority is listed. (This means Police, Fire, Medical dispatch numbers and the appropriate “Relationship” field filled out.) It will be looking for at least 1 authority to be added.
- When no password is placed on the account.
- When there are no verification name/numbers listed. (They are looking for at least one, and nearly every state requires a 2 call verification–and some cities request the operators to list the two names/numbers, so be aware.)
- When no permits are listed. (The system sends the warning as a reminder, especially since multiple cities require them for dispatch.)
- When there is no premise/subscriber listed. (The system is looking for at least one ‘home’ phone number to be entered.)
If you keep these details in mind, things will be simpler for your customers, our Central Station dispatchers, and you’ll have no issues with placing your accounts live!